8.07.2008

Newest Addiction

It started about a month before Chad and I got married, Chad has had this desire to buzz his head. I convinced him to not do it at least not before the wedding. Then after the wedding I convinced him to not buzz it until we at least go to church once, so everyone doesn't think he is going through chemotherapy (just in case it turned out bad).
So after the first Sunday that we attended out new ward I had no other excuse, I thought that he would wait for a while later because he still wasn't feeling extremely healthy. But needless to say I was wrong. He did have to wait until after both the Priesthood and Relief Society Presidencies had come and gone. After all the visitors were gone he broke out the buzzer/shaver/... (I don't know what its called). Anyways. Chad and I buzzed his head using at first a #4 then moving down to a #3 guard and finished it off.

Well that lasted about 2 1/2 weeks then he needed an other fix. And a #3 just wasn't going to cut it. So the only thing to do was to use a #2 guard. To fill you in on my perspective... I liked it and was willing to let him do what ever he wanted to his hair, only because I know it grows back fast.
I was happy with the outcome of using both a #3 and #2. It was fun to help him shave it, I gave my first hair cut :) ( I now charge $5 per cut)
This was in the middle of the process. We decided Chad needed a Mohawk. Just in case you are wondering he didn't keep it. (by the way this is what the $5 will get you)

The #2 held him stable for a few days, the addiction was getting worse. Then about 3 days later the buzzer was brought out again and this time not even a #2 was good enough! The only thing strong enough was a #1! The closest thing to no guard with out going overboard. :)
Ok this is sounding a little to dramatic. So to sum up a #1 was used and the user (Chad) says that his addiction is completely fixed. So I will keep you posted to see if that statement is true.This is the newest hair cut using a #1 guard.
And he still looks good even with almost no hair. (One bonus is that I love the feel of his head now)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How is the Chemo going???

McCall and Eric said...

Oh man, I too have experienced the joys of haircutting, I found it much more difficult than you did and Eric now gets his hair cut at the local beauty college! I'm so glad you found my blog! I miss you a ton we need to hang out when we come in January. I am going to do my student teaching in Logan and Eric is starting his masters at USU. Your wedding looked beautiful! Miss you tons.

Mama Mia said...

You know what they say... you get married and then cut off all your hair. What's next a bic?

the Flammers said...

Once you drop the #1 guard there is no going back. Hair cuts are only $1.50 here (including a shave, meaning your entire face and ears). So to avoid the shave we purchased clippers and Brittany has had the pleasure of shaving my head with no guard, luckily she doesn't charge $5 and she does not shave my forehead and ears. Welcome to the world of low maintenance Chad.
P.s. Happy belated Birthday JoAnna.