10.13.2008

Our First Home!

I thought that since I am really bad at updating this Blog that I should just post something about our house that we have been living in for the past 4 months.

Here is our awesome #51.

We live in the Utah State University Mobile Home Park, the great thing about it is that it is only half a mile away from the Main Campus, and yet we ride the bus everyday to and from school. :) It is extremely nice to get on a warm bus when it is snowing outside, yes it has already snowed this year and it is only October 13.

A little history on our home, Chad and I had just gotten engaged and I received a text from Chad saying that he put a down payment on the last available trailer. And that is about it. I didn't look at it until after we already had it and we didn't look at any other apartments or houses, we just knew we were meant to be trailer trash.

Anyways here are some pictures of our house, I love it! Notice the green grass, that is my doing :) I put much effort into cleaning up our lawn/weeds to look semi decent. Just in time for it to get covered up by snow.





This picture above is the worst thing about our daily life. The fire alarm, I understand that they are generally helpful but something is seriously wrong with ours and if you can read the small orange sticker it says "$75 fine" if we touch it at all.
So here is the problem. When ever Chad or I take a shower and have a semi warm shower that produces even the slightest amount of steam we get the sweet lullaby of the fire alarm telling us that we have a fire in our home.
Isn't it great?

2 comments:

Mama Mia said...

Joanna your first home is darling. I think it is great you made your curtains yourself...it is good to make it yours! I am so sorry about the fire alarm...we have one that randomly goes off in the middle of the night!

Cathrine said...

Cute blog sis. and i jsut want you to know that i see my jacket in your closet and i want it back...:)