5.02.2009

More Yangshuo Goodness...

Things have not changed much... We still LOVE Yangshuo! It is amazing. If anyone ever happens to be in China I would definitely suggest coming here, it is so serene.
These first pictures are of us on a tour on bikes through the country side. We met this lady on the street, she is a local farmer and wanted to take us on a tour of her village... or maybe just wanted our money?
It was amazingly beautiful, we went on back country roads almost the whole time and saw farmers out in their paddy fields with their water buffalo. The tour took about 4 hours in total and every minute was fabulous.

This is the village where our tour guide lives. It is a village of about 80 people.Another view of the Village
A snap shot of the ride, with 3 old ladies in the distance. We passed all sorts of people on the roads so many cute of men and women who were working on their farms.
Some of the rice paddy fields.
Chad and our tour guide crusin right along

This is our guide, she was really cute. She told us she doesn't like Yangshuo she doesn't think it is very beautiful. I guess the grass is always greener on the other side.... although I don't think a greener place exists :)This is one video, its pretty crappy just because I was filming while riding my bike :) I am a dare devil what can I say :) Please notice that every time I went over any small bump in the road my bell on my bike would ding. I loved it, it made me so happy every time. It isn't very long because we ran out of memory on the camera but its a good one. Another video is posted on Facebook, let me know if you don't have access and I can post it on here too.

4 comments:

Matt and Emily said...

That just looks dreamy :) & I love your bell! Love you.

Christopher Phillips said...

Wow... this is incredible, looks like it should be from the Travel Channel!

Anonymous said...

We can get you a bell for your bike for you birthday? It looks beautiful.
dad phillips

Emily said...

seriously, if I didn't know you, I would think you were in a movie! Speaking of movies have you seen.... just kidding ! :)