5.18.2012

Back in Time to May 2, 2012

On Wednesday, May 2, 2012 we welcomed the newest member of our family into this world. Lucy Bischoff came at 7:17 am health as could be.
On Tuesday night Chad went to church meetings as usual and I went to my Mom's house to let Cora run free hoping/whining that I would just have this baby and that I could be not huge anymore. The night came and went and we were back home still pregnant. I could have been induced the Monday before because Cora was so big but I decided to wait to make sure that the bun was done.
That night after Cora was asleep Chad was in a really good mood and I was really uncomfortable so we just kept watching The Office and putting off sleep. Then at about 12:00 my water broke and we started to get really excited.
My mom came over to stay with Cora and we headed to the hospital. We checked in at 12:30 am and got settled in. Contractions weren't to bad at that time but they started to pick up pretty quick. I lasted until about 4:30 with out medicine but the contractions were getting stronger and I hadn't dilated any more since coming in, I as at at 3 and had had enough pain so I got an epidural.
With the epidural working I was able to rest a little bit and at 6:15 I was at a 5 then at about 6:45 I was at a 9. I didn't think that one could progress that fast but I was feeling ready to push so they checked me and sure enough I was at a 9 and they started to set up for delivery. After only about 4 minutes of pushing Lucy was born at 7:17 am. Weighing in at 9 pounds and 1 ounce.
I guess I got what I wanted as in a baby smaller than Cora but I should have been more specific as in a 7 or even 8 pound baby. :)

She was put on oxygen for a few minutes after she was born but other than that she was healthy as could be. We stayed in the hospital for one night then decided to come home to get some rest.
Cora came to visit us the day she born and didn't know what to think at first. She wouldn't come to me on the bed and kept her distance from Lucy. Until they took Lucy to test her blood sugar and she came back with a bow in her hair... Cora also had a bow in her hair and because of that fact they were friends from then on.
Cora has been a fantastic big sister and has been a huge help. She gives Lucy lots of loves and has only mauled her once or twice.

We are so blessed to have such great family and friends to help and support us with this change in our lives. We love having a new baby at our house and are grateful for such a healthy happy baby.

Lucy is now 2 weeks old and doing great. We have only had 2 nights that were lacking in sleep but other than that she is a good baby. She sleeps lots and is growing big.
So we left the hospital with her weighing 8 lbs 11 oz and at her first doctors appointment at 5 days old she was already 9 pounds 7 ounces.
And at two weeks she weighs in at 10 pounds 2 ounces (95 percentile) and is 22 inches long (95 percentile). I think every nurse and doctor we have talked to ask what I feed my babies and how I get them so big... I guess my answer is    Go Big or Go Home :)

Now for the pictures update.... I don't have a lot of pictures because I am terrible at taking pictures but my sister have a lot more that I may post someday :)
Me right before we went to the hospital... hindsight shouldn't have stood in front of a dark door with a dark shirt. Just so you know I was huge :)

So this is a picture of the monitors tracking Lucy's heartbeat and my contractions. The blue bottom line are my contractions, I didn't have much rest in between each one. They were coming about every 2-3 minutes and when they got hard I didn't last to long with out an epidural.

Here is the sweetheart just seconds old.

Proof that she is big :)

First picture with my baby Lucy


A picture in her going home outfit.

My mom brought Cora home later that day when we got home. She was pretty excited to have her baby sister and mom and dad home. She also needed to have a bow in her hair to match with baby Lucy.

Cora likes to read books to baby Lucy and her babies too :)

Sisters

Cora being silly. Some sad news.... Lucy doesn't like binkies, a huge difference from Cora who should be getting rid of hers soon. But we don't like to talk about it :)

This was on Mothers Day. I can't think of a better was to spend it than snuggling a new baby.

Getting some loves

6 comments:

Jared, Karen, Daphne, Charlie, Lola, Jack, & McKay said...

Jo, she is gorgeous!! Already looks like her big sis. I was hoping that you might have some pictures of your new babe up soon, and they are absolutely adorable! Congratulations!

Erinn said...

Beautiful! Congrats Joanna!

Alexis said...

So sweet. I love reading birth stories, a miracle every time. Such cute sisters! Love you guys.

Stephen and Jayme said...

What adorable daughters! Congratulations Jo!

Michelle said...

I love Cora and Lucy! I hope I can be as beautiful and wonderful of a mom as you are someday. I miss you guys!

Katie said...

Cute girls Jo! Congratulations!