7.28.2008

Honey Moon

The next event in our life together is the Honey Moon.

We went to Jackson Hole and had a blast. People often ask us what we did... Did we float the river?... Did we go mountain biking?...Did we go to Bar J Wranglers?... Did we hike our hearts out in the beautiful Tetons?.... Did we see any bears in Yellowstone?
The answer to all of those questions is No.
We enjoyed the beauty of the outdoors by looking at the forest behind the hotel we stayed in and by driving through the canyon from Victor to Jackson many many times.
We had reservations to go to Bar J Wranglers but then we didn't go. We had intentions to go both hiking and biking but just didn't get around to it.
So pretty much we really didn't do much. Just stayed in an awesome hotel called Teton Inn & Spa. I am proud to say that we did take advantage of the Spa in the hotel. Both Chad and I got our first full body massages.
Unfortunately Chad really didn't like his. But I loved mine, so I guess that's good news. :)

And as for Yellowstone. My brother went to Yellowstone the week before with his family so he gave us a pass to get in for free. Chad said he hadn't ever been before so I was really excited to go, going back on my childhood memories I loved Yellowstone... all the animals...looking for bears...Old Faithful.
So on Sunday after church we started driving to Yellowstone. Chad was tired so it was my turn to drive. After about 1 1/2 hours we were in about the middle of Teton National Park then after 2 hours we were finally in Yellowstone.
This still wasn't good news. We were no where near any of the tourist sites and no animals were in site. Chad got a little impatient and I was sick of driving so after debating of a moment and realizing Chad wouldn't have fun even if we did ever get there we decided to turn around. So we went about 1/2 into Yellowstone but didn't see any animals... and spent about 5 extra hours in the car just driving to and from Yellowstone.

Even from the lack of activity we both enjoyed our selves thoroughly!
I didn't do a very good job at taking pictures so the only ones we got were taken on my computer :)

2 comments:

Jade and Todd said...

You two were just too busy in the room to care about anything that Jackson had to offer, right??!!! Im so glad you have a blog, I was wondering if you would do one!

Dallin said...

I don't know Wade or Todd but they do state the obvious doesn't eh? I am glad you got your blog up. I love em.
Dad Phillips