7.30.2008

Tuesday Night Excitment

The night started out normal, I went shopping then made dinner. After dinner I went out side to finish raking up our yard...(more on that later). While I was raking Chad came out and cleaned of the grill, when Chad and his friend Dallin moved the grill to our trailer the handle to turn the propane tank on/off broke off.
So it has been sitting next to our trailer for about 2 months with no handle and last night we found out that it was stuck in the on position. So we have a full tank of propane stuck on hooked up to the grill.
Chad tried many times with pliers to turn the lever but it was stuck pretty good. So Chad called Dad Bischoff and he suggested to call the fire department to see if they knew what to do.
But due to the convenient location of our trailer, the fire department is just across the street, and since it was a beautiful night we decided to just walk over and talk to them.
We went over and three fire fighters were just hanging out in the office so we presented our problem to them and they said they would just come over and look at it. They told us to meet them out front while they get their tools.
Next thing we know they pull the fire engine out and tell us to hop in!!! The Fireman who was sitting in front of about 5 different computers told us, "We don't go any where with out our engine."
This isn't just one of the small trucks either. This is the full fledge big red fire engine!
So we rode with them probably for about 0.10 mile to our trailer. They parked the engine next to our little #51 (the engine was probably just as big as our house) and go over to the grill to observe the situation.
The Fireman pulls out his wrench and twists and presto the propane tank is off! But don't worry they were more prepared then just a wrench they had a gas detector and all! :) But a wrench and liquid soap was all they needed. I got the soap for them inside... so practically I'm a fireman now :)
Just in case you were wondering the soap was placed in areas where leaks could occur and if bubbles come up then you know the tank is leaking.
So we chatted for a couple minutes and said our thanks and the Logan Fire Department got in the engine and went back home.

So needless to say I was SO excited that I got to ride in a Fire Engine! I didn't know I would be so excited but it was awesome, I couldn't stop smiling through the whole situation! :) I am very sorry to say that my camera was out of batteries or else I would have a picture with me in the fire engine and the firemen fixing our grill :) So here is a fake picture just to give you an idea. Chad was also excited but I guess he can control himself a little better.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

that's pretty hilarious. My luck I probably would have just figured out a way to blow up the whole trailer park.

Cathrine said...

So i'm just a little disappointed in you for not setting me up with one of the firemen that saved your life...

Brian said...

That is awesome

Jade and Todd said...

I bet they would let you join their firefighting team JoAnna!

Rich Bischoff said...

You should have asked them if you could join the force. Maybe they will give you a red fireman's hat. Wow Logan firemen must be bored.