6.02.2010

A Happy Life is made up of Little Things

To pick up where we left off....

A little before 11:00 I was dilated to a 10 and my doctor wanted me to start pushing because she had a meeting at 12:30. My nurse told me that for first time mom's they usually push for 1-3 hours and that sounded long. So I started pushing at about 11:10 and at 11:40 am our little Cora Jo made her first appearance.

Both the doctor and the nurse were so surprised by how big she looked when she came out then even more surprised when they saw her weight.... 9 lbs and 7 ounces! That was a big surprise to everyone my doctor had guessed that she would be high 6's or low 7's.... not quite. But we will take a big healthy baby any day :)




Since then everything has mostly been a blur. We stayed at the hospital until Wednesday morning where everything went perfectly. Cora was healthy and doing great.
We went to the doctor on Friday and Cora weighed 9 lbs exactly, she had gained an ounce since we left the hospital so she is already growing. She is already in the 89 percentile for weight :) That a girl.





She has been doing great at night she usually sleeps for 3 1/2 - 4 hours and is great at going right back to sleep after she eats. She actually has a really hard time staying awake. She sleeps for most of the day and has a hard time staying awake for more than a few minutes.

All in all we couldn't have asked for a better baby and couldn't love her more.



Here is her crib... I made this blanket the week before she was born. I am quite proud of it :)


This is one of her favorite ways to be held/burped. I love it when Chad does it cause it makes her cheeks super chubby and cute

This is Cora on June 2. Nine days old. What a cutie!


Cora Jo Bischoff



And here are her feet she defiantly got her fathers feet. She will most likely be able to wear my shoes when she is in 5th grade.

Hopefully you made it through this long post and even more pictures. And expect many more pictures of Cora Jo Bischoff.

10 comments:

Alexis said...

She already looks so different in the 9 day old picture. What a cute girl - but I didn't expect anything less! :) Nice job on the blanket, too!

Christopher Phillips said...

What a beautiful baby- congratulations you guys, we can't wait to get up there to see her in person!

Cathrine said...

I can't believe i didn't see her today!! She is so cute in that outfit!!

Kelli said...

Congrats! She is beautiful!

Brian said...

That is one beautiful baby!

Emily said...

Oh, Cora Jo, what a sweet thing you are, I can't wait to cuddle and love and hold you!
and ps you're momma made you one dang cute blankey~

Jake Lindsey Molly Owen said...

super cute, Jo! You are such a beautiful Mommy :)
Cora Jo is so sweet. I can't wait to meet her and snuggle her.
Can we get together sometime soon?

...p.s. the word thing I had to type in to make sure I wasn't an alien (or whatever it does) was "cuteey" ...fitting :)

McCall and Eric said...

Oh my goodness she is beautiful. Wow, great job on the cuteness guys. I have a little something for you. Can you email me your address when you are back to feeling like life is normal again?
By the way I love that blanket!

McCall and Eric said...

my email is mccallcarson@gmail.com

Rich and Tyra said...

Aww! I am missing her already! She is such a cutie! I love the blanekt you made too! Adorable! Can't wait to see you again and CONGRATS on the job for Chad!!! Woot Woot!